- 07 Jul, 2015
The Diversity Training Program is part of our mission to inform and educate the Community of Erie to value diversity. Since 1998, MCRC has had the privilege of working with people from all over the world, and in providing services to some very diverse populations, we have acquired considerable knowledge and skills that have enabled us to create a comprehensive Diversity Training Program with a wide variety of workshops options.
This training is available to all organizations in the Greater Erie area who are interested in:
- Promoting a diverse workplace
- Increasing their knowledge base in the areas of Cultural Sensitivity, Awareness and Competence
- Learning more about the different new populations that are starting to call Erie their home
- Our Diversity Training Catalog lists the various course options in this program and provides detailed descriptions of the curriculum/content for each of these courses. The catalog also describes the variety of ways in which the workshops may be presented.
- Introduction to Diversity - 1
- Introduction to Diversity - 2
- Diversity in Communication
- Using Interpreters
- Getting to know some of the ethnic minorities in Erie (5 different groups)
- Healthcare Concerns for the ethnic minorities in Erie (general concerns for refugees/immigrants plus 5 different groups)
- Disability Etiquette
- Navigating Immigration and Naturalization
- Half Day Diversity Training (3 - 4 hours)
- Full Day Diversity Training (7 - 8 hours)
- Diversity - Lunchtime series (1 hour sessions for 6 - 8 weeks)
Testimonials from Past Participants:
“The workshop is very thorough. I highly recommend it!” – 5 stars. Erie School District, October 2012
“Wow!! Fabulous!! Erie School District, October 2012
"One of the best and informative trainings I have been to.” – 5 stars. Charter School of Excellence, November 2012.
“This was the best cultural diversity training I have been to” Harborcreek Youth Services, May 2013
In this Diversity Training Program, we offer our customers the unique ability to create a customized training to suit their particular organizational needs. Please contact Venera Loshaj, Section Manager - Diversity Training to set up a free consultation and to discuss your Diversity Training options: Venera Loshaj (814) 455 0212 x 353 or firstname.lastname@example.org